One day at the top of Fura Mown hill Rangamati, Travelarbd

Palwel Park,Rangamati
Palwel Park,Rangamati


 As usual, I took the last trip of the hill car from Chittagong Oxygen on Thursday and rented it for 120 rupees and left for Rangamati at 7.30 pm in the name of Allah.

I reached guest house in Rangamati by 9 pm. After meeting everyone for a long time, I chatted for many nights. It is better to say one thing. A friend of mine spent many nights coming to Chittagong from Chakaria after finishing his office. Hathazari left but stayed overnight at a hotel there as he could not get local CNG.

 Until then no one knows where I will go or what I will do on Friday.

Due to visiting Rangamati many times, the familiar places have already been visited, so I thought let's go somewhere uncommon.

To me, following someone's tour plan exactly and giving a tour means giving me a tour, so I always try to complete the tour in my own way when I go on any tour. Asking local people in unfamiliar places can be a good way to end a tour.

So I decided to go to Fura Mown hill. The place is a third place. It is about 1500 feet (about) above the sea level, so from the experience of climbing Chandranath hill and Marayantang hill, it would be very challenging to come and go.

After waking up on Friday morning to freshen up, my friend was leaving Hathazari. I went to the Green Valley Hotel in Banrupa with 4 people and ate rice with potatoes and pulses and left for Furaman hill.

I reserved a CNG for 150 rupees from Banarupa to the bottom of Furaman hill in Manikchhari. I bought 8 liters of water, a dozen bananas, saline and cakes on the way.

Fura Mown Hill,Rangamati
Fura Mown Hill,Rangamati


There are two ways to go to Furaman hill, one is from the side where the army camp is. Most people go through that side, and come back after seeing the army helipad.

But we start our journey from the side of Manikchhari, this side has a long brick soling, but so high and slippery that in the rainy season it does not seem that the motorcycle or jeep can get up in any way. So everyone started walking in the name of God. I was sitting and resting and drinking saline water, so after crossing many big hills and drinking a lot of saline water, after walking for about two and a half hours, I saw the stairs before climbing to the top of Furaman. The place above is the third place of priests, there is a Buddhist temple So the stairs are made.

In all, there may be more than 500 stairs, there were some canopies for sitting next to some stairs. Seeing such a scene, there was no way to say no to SubhanAllah, it seemed to be successful to climb to the top with so much effort. The whole city of Rangamati and Kaptai Lake were in front of us in the eyes of birds, aha what a view!

I took some pictures there, saw the nature and left again to come, I came down the stairs again.

On the way we met some tribal people, talked to them, they told us we should go by the side of the army camp instead of this road, then it will take much less time.

If you want to go there, you have to climb the stairs again

Anyway, I got up again and went to the army camp. After walking for 20 minutes, I found the army camp. There is a beautiful helipad there. Most of the people come here with that side. Many of them don't even know about that side of the temple.

So I started descending from there for a while, the road is much steeper and narrower, and the whole road is dirt.

After walking for about 40-50 minutes, I saw the main road.

From there I reserved CNG for 160 rupees and went to Banarupa. I went to Green Valley Hotel again and ate rice with different types of powdered fish and mash.

This time I will go to Palwell Park to get rid of the fatigue of the whole day, basically, the purpose of going there is to take a bath in the swimming pool. I went to Palwell Park with a reserve CNG fare of 100 rupees from Banarupa. First I visited the park with a ticket of 30 rupees. Then I went for a bath at the swimming pool for 200 rupees per person. I jumped in the swimming pool for an hour and a half and returned to Banarupa.

I had a wonderful day like this

How to find the way to:

The location of the hill is basically 5-6 km before the town of Rangamati, that is, just before going to Rangamati from Chittagong, the huge hill on the left-hand side is the Furaman hill. If you want to get up on this side of the army camp, tell the driver to get down the Furaman hill, and if you go through Manikchhari, there is a road on the left from Manikchhari Bazaar, and on the way in you will see a school. As soon as you go there is a soling road on the left side of the hill. You have to get down there, or you can recognize it by asking someone.

Whatever you take with you: Make sure you have enough water, saline, dry food, a towel if possible. No house will be seen in the whole place, moreover, I have not seen any water source anywhere else, so you must buy enough water.

Travel: From Oxygen in Chittagong from 6 in the morning to 6:30 in the evening, half an hour in a row, the mountain transport car leaves, the fare is 120 rupees.

From Banarupa, the heart of Rangamati, to Manikchhari, the road up the hill, you will get a reserve CNG of Tk 150, and if you go through the side of the army camp, you will get a fare of Tk 180.

If anyone wants to come from Dhaka, they will get all the AC-non AC cars of Rangamati, the rent of Hyundai in Shyamoli is probably 1400 rupees.

Note: There is a temple on the top of the hill, and the place is the third place You will continue to observe as much silence as possible.

Do not leave footprints in the mountains, do not forget to leave water bottles or anything indigestible.

Post a Comment

2 Comments